This article will show Android users how to backup and restore WhatsApp data on HTC, Moto, Sony, LG, Google Nexus and other Android devices.
To help Android users manage phone’s data more conveniently and effectively, quite a few mobile phone manufacturers have developed some data management softwares for their products, such as HTC Sync Manager, Sony PC Companion, LG Bridge and Motorola Phone Tools. And of course, many Android users use this kind of data management tools to backup their phone’s data to computer for safe keeping.
However, these tools are not powerful enough to backup certain types of files in our phones, for example WhatsApp chat history and its attachments. You may say that WhatsApp has built-in backup function for Android, so there is nothing to worry about. But compared with some professional WhatsApp management tools, Jihosoft WhatsMate for example, the built-in backup function of WhatsApp is somewhat limited.
Then let’s see what’s the differences between this WhatsApp Manager and WhatsApp’s built-in backup feature.
The Backup Feature of Jihosoft WhatsMate
- Backup WhatsApp for free
- backup all WhatsApp data: messages, photos, videos, audios, contacts, call log
- Selectively choose WhatsApp data to backup and restore on PC
- WhatsApp backup files are viewable
- Fast, effective and user-friendly
- Unlimited validity for backup file
- Never overwrite any data on phone or PC
- Should be installed and use on Windows computer
WhatsApp’s Built-in Backup Feature
- Free of charge
- Don’t need to install any third party tool
- Do not backup contacts, call logs
- Compulsorily backup the whole WhatsApp file
- No way to view the data inside the backup file
- Backup file available for only 7 days
- New backup overwrites old backup
From the comparison we made above, it is obvious to see that Jihosoft WhatsMate provides a much more flexible solution for HTC/Sony/LG/Nexus WhatsApp Backup. Now, read on to learn how to use Jihosoft WhatsMate to backup and restore WhatsApp on Moto/HTC/Sony/LG/Nexus and other Android smartphones/tablets.
Very Little Preparation
- Download the latest version of Jihosoft WhatsMate
- Connect you phone to PC via a USB cable
- Enable USB debugging on your Android device
Moto/HTC/Sony/LG/Nexus WhatsApp Backup
When the preparation is complete, you can backup WhatsApp data from Moto G/HTC Desire/Sony Xperia/LG/GoogleNexus to computer by three simple steps.
- Run the program, and choose “Backup WhatsApp Data to Computer”.
- Once your device is identified, click “Next” and the program will start scanning the device.
- Select the WhatsApp files you want and then click the “Backup” button.
Once you finish WhatsApp backup on HTC/Sony/LG/Nexus phones with this WhatsApp manager, whenever you want to restore them, do as follows:
- Choose “Restore WhatsApp Data form Backup File” on the program’s hompage
- Connect your phone to PC and click “Next”
- Select a backup file to restore and then click “Restore”